Sunday 23 March 2014

A day out in York!

Hello everyone! Today I have had a lovely day-off in the beautiful city that is York! I decided for the first time, I would blog my day. 


York is a beautiful city situated in North Yorkshire, famous for it's very own Betty's Tearoom and sights like The Shambles! Me, my brother and our parents have had a lovely day out, exploring the cobbled streets and many stores. 
First of all we walked along the "The Great Wall of York" as I call it. Basically it's just a wall surrounding the city centre. We took quite a few photos up there. Today I wore my very snug Topshop coat. I sported my very-loved white blouse from Warehouse. I paired these with the comfiest bottoms ever- my River Island jeggings- I then wore my topshop Chelsea boots and finally my trusty Ted Baker handbag! 


have bought a few nice things today. It was pouring it down with rain when we got there, much to my displeasure. We took refuge in Waterstones, which I was more than happy about. I bought a new book called "Two Brothers" by Ben Elton. I'll let you guys know if it's a good read :) 
I also ventured to Warehouse! The store is amazing at the minute! I love the Spring/Summer 2014 collection. I bought some gorgeous monochrome trousers and a bright yellow top to go with it. They work really well together. Also at the till there were some sunglasses. I got some of those too. Impulse buy...I won't lie... 
Finally, I bought the new limited edition Daisy perfume by Marc Jacobs. Daisy is my all time favourite perfume, and I needed some more. A perfect buy! 


For dinner we went to a gorgeous restaurant called "Lucia's". It's out of the way, hidden beyond the cobbles. It was very modern and fancy. I really liked it. For starters we shared a sort of tapas! We had some deeeeelicious olives, some cheesy meatballs, some kind of squid (it's disguised as an onion ring- it was NOT a nice surprise!) and finally some 'chickeny' dough balls. Hurrah for my great description...


For my main meal I chose to have a yummy salad! It contained chicken, bacon, lettuce, croutons, Parmesan and such a wonderful dressing that made it 100x tastier! A nice healthy dinner overall!

 
Now, here are just some pictures that I snapped from today! 
Thanks for reading, Kiera x 


See the cute little house with the blue door? Yes. That will be my future place of residence. 


Outside York Minster! 


My brother basically bought the whole of Lush! 


What's life without a Costa! 


The river just looked so pretty! 



2 comments: